A complete revamp of our website will take place shortly, but in the interim, enquiries and bookings can be made over the telephone or by email.
In 2017 Forest Foragers will be running its courses at Lambourne End Outdoor Education Centre, Chigwell Row, Essex.
The dates for one-day courses are:
- Saturday November 4th
- Saturday November 11th
- Saturday November 18th
- Saturday November 25th
Afternoon Forays will be run on:
- Sunday November 12th
- Sunday November 26th
Prices are unchanged;
- £125 per person for one-day courses,
- £25 per person for Forays,
Would you like to learn about edible wild plants and fungi?
Peter Sibley, ecologist & Clifford Davy, mycologist
for a full-day course, or an afternoon foray, in recognising, collecting, preparing, preserving and cooking edible wild plants and mushrooms.
The full-day mushroom picking course will consist of a morning identification session, covering the principal edible plants and fungi, (notes provided), followed by a substantial lunch featuring some of these.ÂÂ The morning session will also cover hazards to be avoided when collecting. The afternoon session will be a walk during which edible wild plants and fungi will be collected, varying according to the season.
Participants will take home what they have collected, together with recipes and a wild food guide book.
- Numbers are limited to 14, for safety reasons.
- The course is not suitable for children.
- Participants should bring collecting bags, warm, water-proof clothing and suitable footwear.
- One Day Courses are £125 per personÂÂ - Suitable for beginners and those with some knowledge of foraging
- Afternoon Forays are £25 per person - These sessions are intended for experienced foragers only
- Seashore Foraging Courses are £125 per person - Suitable for beginners and those with some knowledge of foraging
- A discount will be given for group bookings.